Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rolf Zelder <ro...@stratumcomms.com.au> on 2005/01/12 04:59:39 UTC

Memory leak

Hi

I have got a simple web application containing a html page with a link to a
jsp page, which prints the memory status to the
console(Runtime.getRuntime().totalMemory()) . Now I let about 50 concurrent
user browsing to those pages and I noticed that the memory usage is
constantly going up. The Total Memory Amount as well as the memory usage
stated in the TaskManager.

I don't want to believe that this little web app is leaking memory.
Therefore I must do something wrong how I monitor the memory usage.
Any help is very much appreciated.

I'm using Windows2k Server + Tomcat 5.5 and sdk 1.4.2.06

"Strangers are friends, which haven't met yet !"

Re: Memory leak

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
how are you monitoring tomcat?

peter