Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Dominique Broeglin <br...@essi.fr> on 2001/10/15 10:23:47 UTC

Document method

	Hello,

	I've tried to implement a localization method with XSLT. In short I use
something like :

	<xsl:variable name="lang" select="wherever the information is"/>
	<xsl:variable name="msg" select="document(concat('/loc/', $lang))"/>

	This loads the document containing my localized messages and I can then
access to $msg/title/miss and everything works fine. The only issue I
have with this method is that xalan seems to reload the document each
time I use the $msg variable (not only once when I define msg). This was
not obvious at first, but lately I had a document that access $msg a
hundred times and then the overhead of the reloading was really
painfull.
	My question is : is  this a normal behaviour for xalan or is it a bug I
should post ? The Recommendation doen't seem to say anything about this.

	Cheers,
	Dom