Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/07/30 18:23:41 UTC

XBean & ShrinkWrap archives

Hi All,

So I've been trying to dig into why OWB's CDI TCK tests are failing.  I
have it down to 22 failures that should mostly be passing (or are failing
in the wrong spot).  The most common failure is because of this:

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: unsupported archive
type: archive:8a164bf7-f1d7-407e-b612-633720f769f1.jar/
at
org.apache.xbean.finder.archive.ClasspathArchive.archive(ClasspathArchive.java:87)
at
org.apache.webbeans.corespi.scanner.xbean.CdiArchive.<init>(CdiArchive.java:67)

I'm not sure if this is an XBean issue or an OWB issue.  Basically, when
bootstrapping CDI SE, we're getting some shrinkwrap JARs on the classpath
(which is on purpose, I think they're trying to make a CDI bean archive in
addition to what's in the SE container).  XBean doesn't know what the
"archive" protocol means.  I suspect if the first if statement in
ClasspathArchive were changed to (line
53): if(location.getProtocol().equals("jar") ||
location.getProtocol().equals("archive")) { then it would fix it, but not
100% sure.

John

Re: XBean & ShrinkWrap archives

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
side note: if we can get tested anyway on se module, without arquillian, to
ensure we work OOTB and not that arquillian works (which is a pitfall of
weld and owb ATM cause they dont dump and deploy archives for speed
reasons). we can also just dump the archive and launch a new jvm for tcks...

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
I have a local test working.