Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2006/10/17 22:39:40 UTC

Are there plans for a Jakarta implementation of the JSTL 1.2 spec

Is there currently work underway on a Jakarta implementation of the JSTL
1.2 spec (JSR 52, JEE5 requirement)?

Assuming there is (or soon will be), does somebody have a guesstimate on
when that might be available?

Thanks,
Joe

Re: Are there plans for a Jakarta implementation of the JSTL 1.2 spec

Posted by Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <pe...@sun.com>.
Henri Yandell <flamefew <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Cool - license wise it's a case of us being able to ship the Glassfish
> binaries but not the source. I can't see that being a problem in the
> Java world - except that it means Geronimo are committting themselves
> to something they can't fork later.
>
> Hen

Hi Henri -

We would welcome Geronimo using our JSTL implementation, and it is my
understanding that Geronimo is already planning to use other GlassFish
components, like JAXB.

If you find bugs, submit bug reports, or, even better, fixes.  Unless the bugs
come in a critical time, we will try to fix them; and if the timing is wrong for
us, you could do a local fork while we are in high resistence mode and integrate
later.

Comit rights at GlassFish are acquired in a way similar to at Apache - you need
to show competence in the code base.  As at Apache you need to sign an agreement
to share the copyright (in our case this is the SCA).

Documentation on GlassFish is at GlassFishWiki.ORG.  As most sites it needs
work, but it is good enough for the development team.

Hope this helps,
  - eduard/o  (pelegri@sun.com;  http://blogs.sun.com/theaquarium)

=== rest of original mail below ===

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.