Posted to users@camel.apache.org by RUPA JAIN <ru...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/06 14:15:32 UTC

sending mail using camel

Hi,
 I am able to send mail using gmail server to any server using camel-mail
client. But using any other server like yahoo i am getting
java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect.

Final URI used for gmail is(it works):

smtps://smtp.gmail.com:465?username=abc@gmail.com&password=**********&to=xyz@gmail.com&subject=subject

for yahoo is:
smtps://smtp.mail.yahoo.com:587?mail.smtps.auth=true&username=abc@yahoo.com&password=**********&to=xyz@yahoo.com&subject=subject

what extra configuration i need to set up for  sending  mail from yahoo or
any other server.

Thanks for reply.

Thanks,
Rupa

Re: sending mail using camel

Posted by Gilles Dupont Tagne <ta...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Rupa,

to use yahoo as SMTP Server in camel-mail you have to set your mail Endpoint
like this

smtps://smtp.mail.yahoo.com[:465]?username=abc&password=**********&to=xyz@yahoo.com&subject=subject&from=abc@yahoo.com

please don't forget to set the "from"-option to your yahoo mail account. You
could omit to set the port, because camel sets 465 as default port for
smtps-Component. I was able to make it work with these configurations

Thanks

Gilles