Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Davor Miku <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/17 11:10:02 UTC

301 moved permanently

Hi guys!

I have this old struts site, rewritten in T5. Problem are links (with
Google). For example old links are :

www.example/content/populateContent.do?contentId=xxx

and new are:

www.example/content/xxx

What I want is to set 301 redirect for old links, redirecting to new one, in
same class (content/Index.java)

Index.java :

    public void onActivate(String article) {

try{
       int id =  Integer.parseInt(article);  // new urls
       Content content = contentDAO.getContent(id);

} catch(Exception e){
        article = article.substring(19); // remove
populateContent.do?contentId=
        int id =  Integer.parseInt(article);

        /*      Here should be something like this. You get the picture */

response.setStatus(301);
response.setHeader( "Location", "http://www.example.com/content/" + id);

}

    }

How can I do this?

Every help is appreciated.

Re: 301 moved permanently

Posted by Davor Miku <da...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I have looked and and still no idea. Could you give me link to some
documentation.

Re: 301 moved permanently

Posted by Yancey Yeargan <ya...@unt.edu>.

Re: 301 moved permanently

Posted by Davor Miku <da...@gmail.com>.
Can you give me some example, please?

Re: 301 moved permanently

Re: 301 moved permanently

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fs...@fsadev.com>.

Hey there,

I have a similar need on one of my sites. Here's how I solved it:
http://markmail.org/message/53xyz7hxzpxyrn5d

The code is more than a year old, but it should still work.

/Filip