Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org> on 2019/02/18 13:46:38 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.4.14 candidate 2

This is a bugfix release candidate for 3.4.14. It fixes 8 issues, mostly build / unit tests issues,
dependency updates flagged by OWASP, NPE and a name resolution problem. Among these it also supports
experimental Maven build and Markdown based documentation generation.

The full release notes is available at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310801&version=12343587

*** Please download, test and vote by February 24th 2019, 23:59 UTC+0. ***

Source files:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/zookeeper/zookeeper-3.4.14-rc2/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/zookeeper/zookeeper/3.4.14/

The release candidate tag in git to be voted upon: release-3.4.14-rc2

ZooKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release: http://www.apache.org/dist/zookeeper/KEYS

Should we release this candidate?

Regards,
Andor

Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.4.14 candidate 2

Posted by Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Andor!

Unfortunately, I had a new issue when running bin-package. I had no issue
with this file with the last RC.

After copying the file, the ant target completes fine.

I’m hesitant to give a +1 as someone might be using the target? I know we
don’t, but it’s there.

Signatures: OK

ant package : OK

ant bin-package - ERROR - src/packages/update-zookeeper-env.sh missing:

<copy file="${basedir}/src/packages/update-zookeeper-env.sh"
tofile="${dist.dir}/sbin/update-zookeeper-env.sh"/>

The whole src/packages directory is missing from the src tar. I think these
files are used to build linux packages.

ant tar : OK

Tests (test-core): OK

So if we're OK shipping 3.4.14 without the packages file it's fine for me
(although fixing the bin-package target would be still desirable I guess).

3.5 and master does not ship the packages.

Regards,

Norbert

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
great work Andor !