Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Udo Fholl <ud...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/03 13:03:51 UTC

Spark Streaming: Dealing with downstream services faults

Hi all,

I need to send to an external service the result of our aggregations. I
need to make sure that these results are actually sent.

My current approach is to send them in an invocation of "foreachRDD". But
how that is going to work with failures?

Should I instead use "mapWithState" then "transform (here is where I would
send)" and "mapWithState" to remove those that were successfully sent?

Thank you.

Udo.