Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2005/02/21 11:53:28 UTC

[sandbox] sandbox-build?

Hi all,

it seems the commons-id project requires the sandbox-build directory
to be in place, which is not part of the svn:externals list on
trunks-sandbox.  I don't know whether the commons-id project.xml needs
to be fixed or whether the svn:externals list is incomplete.  Could
anybody who knows better than me please fix it?

BTW, I tried to modify svn:externals myself, but I can't.  I do have
commit access on /jakarta/commons/sandbox/ but not on
/jakarta/commons/.  Since trunks-sandbox is not under sandbox/ I can't
modify it.  I don't know if this is intentional or whether the
authorization file should grant commit access on
/jakarta/commons/trunks-sandbox to the jakarta-commons-sandbox group
as well.

Oh, and no, I don't think I need commit access to commons-proper ATM,
I could have granted that to myself easily ;-)

Stefan

Re: [sandbox] sandbox-build?

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
Checkout all components / Checkout individual components
is explained here:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/UsingSVN

-- Dirk

Re: [sandbox] sandbox-build?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>It used to be there, but has been removed since I checked it out
>>(bad thing about svn:externals: removal of one will mean the
>>directory lives on, silently not updated).
>>

>Interesting, something to watch out for when we move Ant to svn,
>thanks.

My gut feeling is avoid svn:externals if you can.

>>Ok, I've updated commons-id to use
>>../commons-build/sandbox-project.xml
>>

>Will this allow commons-id to be built in isolation as well?  Note, I
>have no idea how the current setup of isolated components and trunks-*
>is supposed to work.

no, I don't think things will build properly if checked out in isolation
- there is dependency on the existence of commons-build at .. in a few
cases.

- Brett

Re: [sandbox] sandbox-build?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.