Posted to dev@systemds.apache.org by Shafaq Siddiqi <sh...@tugraz.at.INVALID> on 2021/03/24 14:04:55 UTC

Refactoring datasets in SystemDS

Hi,

Some of the test suites in SystemDS use external data filesĀ that are
stored in the test package along with the test files. I have observed
that there are some test files that use the dataset residing in another
test package such as the Iris dataset is being used by gmm and
gmmPredict testsĀ and it is stored inside the transform test package. The
same is the case for the Salary dataset that is used by different test
files.

In my opinion, it would be effective if we store all datasets inside the
resource folder so that the existing datasets are available up-front and
could be reused instead of introducing a new dataset every now and then
and it will also simplify the referencing of the datasets across test
suites.

--br,
Shafaq Siddiqi

Re: Refactoring datasets in SystemDS

Posted by Mark Dokter <md...@know-center.at>.

On 24.03.2021 17:15, Matthias Boehm wrote:
> thanks for bringing this up - sounds good to me as well.

+1
I also think it's a good suggestion.

However, I see another cause of repository bloat here. Like with the
binaries this could be separated out as not everybody who wants to check
out the source necessarily needs all that. *If* Maven can be configured
to download the needed files upon first mvn package from a third party
source (which we control ofc), that'd be great and we can modularize a
bit better.

> Regards,
> Matthias

Regards, Mark