Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Phase Web and Multimedia <ma...@phase.ws> on 2002/12/03 20:38:18 UTC

Broker Usage and query.startAtIndex/endAtIndex problems

Greetings,

I have been using OJB for some time with the singlevm implementation of the
PB. I have several webapps that are running in a virtual hosting environment
each app is running in its own vm. I am using Tomcat 4.0.4 and have OJB
instances running in a single context in each host. So each exists within
its own classpath and do not overlap. My question however is that I have
recently attempted to upgrade to 9.0.7 and the upgrade produced exceptions I
was wondering if I am using the right PB for the job. It has worked under
sizeable loads with no problem. But, if I should be running something more
efficient then it would be all the better. Any information will be
appreciated.

Here is the config in my OJB.properties:

-------------
# PersistenceBrokerFactory / PersistenceBroker
-------------
PersistenceBrokerFactoryClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.ta.PersistenceBrokerFact
oryDefaultImpl
PersistenceBrokerClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.singlevm.PersistenceBrokerImpl

I have also recently attempted to use the
ReportQueryByCriteria.setStartAtIndex(int x) and
ReportQueryByCriteria.setEndAtIndex(int x) in concert with a
broker.getReportQueryIteratorByQuery(query). The results are not reduced.
But rather the whole result is returned. Is this a bug or intentional?

Thanks,
Brandon Goodin
Phase Web and Multimedia
P (406) 862-2245
F (406) 862-0354
mail@phase.ws
http://www.phase.ws

Re: Broker Usage and query.startAtIndex/endAtIndex problems

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@apache.org>.
Hi again!

Phase Web and Multimedia wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have been using OJB for some time with the singlevm implementation of the
> PB. I have several webapps that are running in a virtual hosting environment
> each app is running in its own vm. I am using Tomcat 4.0.4 and have OJB
> instances running in a single context in each host. So each exists within
> its own classpath and do not overlap. My question however is that I have
> recently attempted to upgrade to 9.0.7 and the upgrade produced exceptions I
> was wondering if I am using the right PB for the job. It has worked under
> sizeable loads with no problem. But, if I should be running something more
> efficient then it would be all the better. Any information will be
> appreciated.
>
> Here is the config in my OJB.properties:
>
> #---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> -------------
> # PersistenceBrokerFactory / PersistenceBroker
> #---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> -------------
> PersistenceBrokerFactoryClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.ta.PersistenceBrokerFact
> oryDefaultImpl
> PersistenceBrokerClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.singlevm.PersistenceBrokerImpl

YOur configuration seems to be 100% OK!

> I have also recently attempted to use the
> ReportQueryByCriteria.setStartAtIndex(int x) and
> ReportQueryByCriteria.setEndAtIndex(int x) in concert with a
> broker.getReportQueryIteratorByQuery(query). The results are not reduced.
> But rather the whole result is returned. Is this a bug or intentional?

Mh, I don't know if this feature works for ReportQueries too. Please try
a "normal" query that fills a collection.

cheers,
Thomas