Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/19 00:12:20 UTC

Re: mvn archetype:create (Ihave a failure when using this command)

> I'm trying to build my first project but i get this error and this is the
> message i get  {No plugin found for prefix 'archetype' and in the plug in
> group [org.apache.maven, org.codehaus.mojo]}

Most likely you are behind an Internet proxy/firewall or something and
so Maven cannot connect to the Central repository to download the
archetype plugin.

You should configure your proxy in settings.xml. This is documented
online if you just take 5 minutes to search on Google for help.

Wayne