Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Nick Marcucci <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/11 15:40:12 UTC

Glassfish Server 3.1.1 deadlock using SCR snapshot jar built from trunk

I'm currently working on a project in which I'm running a web bundle in a
Glassfish 3.1.1 server instance. I ran into a problem with my web bundle
declaring a declarative service. I saw from the mailing lists that someone
suggested using a build from the trunk. I did so and replaced the SCR jar
with the snapshot jar built from the trunk (I believe version 1.6.1).

This solved my problem but introduced a peculiar error. Only when trying to
update my existing web bundle using the OSGI console the Glassfish server
freezes. After this, I am unable to use any of the features of the
Glassfish server. The only remedy has been to restart the server.

I reinstalled the old SCR bundle that comes with Glassfish and the SCR
version 1.6.0 and did not experience this problem.

Any ideas why this would hang the server?

Thanks,
Nick

Re: Glassfish Server 3.1.1 deadlock using SCR snapshot jar built from trunk

Posted by Sahoo <sa...@oracle.com>.
Nick,

Can you run jstack against glassfish process and attach the output?
Something like the following should suffice:

jstack `jps | egrep -i "glassfish|ASMain" | cut -f 1 -d " "`

Thanks,
Sahoo