Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by an...@telenor.com on 2002/08/02 11:20:13 UTC

creating server side proxies/sceletons/bindings for Web services

I have read the user guide and am slightly confused about creating necessary server side files and bindings. What is the difference between issuing

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java --server-side (--skeletonDeploy true) {filename}.wsdl

and

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -0 . -d Session -s -S true -Nurn:{namespace} {package} {filename}.wsdl

Do I have to do both, or does the last command cover everything that is necessary? The last one does not specify "--server-side", why? And why do I have to modify the *SoapBindingImpl file (and what must I modify?)?

I hope someone will have the patience to explain these issues to me - I guess the answers are in the documentation, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how it all works. (I'm of course grateful that there is a user guide, but it is not very easy to follow. To follow the first examples one first has to do things described in the last examples. This would maybe not be necessary if the sample files in my Axis installation were in fact the same as the ones referred to in the user guide - which they are not).

Thanks everybody!

/Anne Marie