Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/29 20:07:17 UTC

Re: [Installer][FlexJS] Changes to installer

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> I just checked in changes to the FlexJS install script to perform
> checksums on the downloads.  You will need a nightly build of the
> installer to run it, or just use Ant.

Where do I get a nightly build of the Installer?  Or do you mean build from
Installer source?

> The Installer has been upgraded to report more information on each
> failure.  I'm not quite sure we have the right information in all cases,
> but hopefully we'll get a better clue as to why we're seeing so many
> failures after we roll out this installer.

Are you reporting this to Google Analytics?  I can start monitoring it and
let you know if the information you are looking for is coming through.

> Note that the new checkums result in a major increase in the total time to
> install an SDK.  The ActionScript MD5 code is significantly slower than
> the Java version in Ant.  This could become our new barrier to entry.  I
> will look into optimizing it, but other folks are welcome to take a shot
> at it too.

This is what Installer 2.7 used, right?  In that case, I dont think this is
a major problem at this point.  Folks are used to long MD5 checks in our
current installers.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
The adt.jar fix goes in the SDK's installer.xml and should already be
there.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.