Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Todd Herman <to...@apx-labs.com> on 2012/03/05 18:13:06 UTC

qpid client depenencies

I have qpid-0.14 c++ broker running on my laptop compiled for Visual Studio 2008.  I also have the dot net binding compiled.  I can create a C# client, in VS 2010, that can communicate with the server with everything running on the server.  I am now trying to create a client on a different machine that is connected on the same network.  I transferred the code over and all the dlls that I could think of.  When I run the code it keeps telling me that the org.apache.qpid.messaging assembly cannot be loaded because it is missing some dependency.  Does anyone know what all must be installed on this second machine in order for me to get my client working?

For the record, I have the boost library files and the core qpid files.  When I run Dependency Walker, it no longer shows me any dlls in red accept for IESHIMS.DLL and I don't know what this is.  IESHIMS.DLL is on my system so I don't know what the problem is.

Thanks,
Todd

Re: qpid client depenencies

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
Hi Todd,

I find that if I keep these files in a stand-alone
directory with my .NET clients then things work:

 boost_date_time-vc90-mt-gd-1_47.dll
 boost_filesystem-vc90-mt-gd-1_47.dll
 boost_program_options-vc90-mt-gd-1_47.dll
 boost_regex-vc90-mt-gd-1_47.dll
 boost_system-vc90-mt-gd-1_47.dll
 boost_thread-vc90-mt-gd-1_47.dll
 org.apache.qpid.messaging.dll
 org.apache.qpid.messaging.sessionreceiver.dll
 qmfconsoled.dll
 qmfd.dll
 qmfengined.dll
 qpidbrokerd.dll
 qpidclientd.dll
 qpidcommond.dll
 qpidmessagingd.dll
 qpidtypesd.dll
 qpidxarmd.dll

To know exactly what files contribute to the DLL loading, use
'dumpbin /dependents'. This is available from a Visual Studio
tools -> Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt:

D:\Debug> dumpbin /dependents org.apache.qpid.messaging.dll
Microsoft (R) COFF/PE Dumper Version 9.00.30729.01

Dump of file org.apache.qpid.messaging.dll

File Type: DLL

  Image has the following dependencies:

    MSVCR90D.dll
    KERNEL32.dll
    qpidmessagingd.dll
    qpidtypesd.dll
    MSVCP90D.dll
    msvcm90d.dll
    mscoree.dll

  Summary

        2000 .data
        2000 .nep
        1000 .pdata
       44000 .rdata
        1000 .reloc
        1000 .rsrc
       12000 .text

Then make sure boost, qpid, and the MSVC runtime libraries
are available.

-Chuck