Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bill Barnhill <gw...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/12 16:17:52 UTC

RT: Simplified build automation (was Re: [proposal] aiming to a naked cocoon)

[Centipede vs. Maven]

> Krysalis Centipede www.krysalis.org/centiepde/ is a
> project that does
> what Maven does in a slightly different manner, and
> is compatible OOTB with Gump and Forrest.

I've now read through the etiquette URLs and through a
portion of the Krysalis Centipede site.  Haven't tried
it yet, but from the docs I like it better than Maven.

Found this out just in time too, as I am scheduled to
show developers on two other projects where I work how
to automate their release process, and now will
demonstrate Centipede rather than Maven, assuming it
tests out.

[Re: my previously proposal/rt of Maven builds]

I Will be submitting a proposal this weekend regarding
splitting all of the Cocoon sources into blocks with
each block being a separate mini-project, separately
buildable (with Centipede) and distributable.  I'm
also pouring through the block documents on the Cocoon
Wiki, which I found yesterday. Obviously my idea of
par files == cob files, I didn't know.

Thanks for patience as I learn Open Source dev,
Bill Barnhill