Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jihui Choi <ji...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/01 17:05:38 UTC

[Request] Korean language pack and id for pootle server

Hello, all.
My name is Jihui Choi.

I'd like to give some help for Korean l10n. I was a member of Korean
translation team of OOo and I translated OOo getting started.

Recently OOo 3.4 was released, but there's no korean language pack.
I was told because no one asked it and no one can maintain korean translation.
If it's ok, I can maintain korean translation.

And I couldn't find any link for registeration of pootle server.
https://translate.apache.org

How can I get login id?

Thanks, all.

JiHui Choi

Re: [Request] Korean language pack and id for pootle server

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 6/4/12 11:50 PM, Jihui Choi wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
> <or...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> This message is more or less the confirmation for you that ASF has recieved
>> your ICLA.
>>
> Thank you, Oliver.
> I mean I want to know what I should do next to get committer's right
> for AOO Korean translation. :)

I suggest you start with translation everything else comes over time.

Do you prefer to work with the PO files directly? If yes I will send you
the necessary files.

Juergen

Re: [Request] Korean language pack and id for pootle server

Posted by Jihui Choi <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Dear JiHui Choi,

On 02.06.2012 14:42, Jihui Choi wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Sam Ruby<ru...@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Dear Jihui Choi, This message acknowledges receipt of your ICLA, which has
>> been filed in the Apache Software Foundation records. If you have been
>> invited as a committer, please advise the project PMC that your ICLA has
>> been filed. Warm Regards, -- Sam Ruby Assistant Secretary, Apache Software
>> Foundation
>>
> Today I sent my icla to ASF and got this message. Then what do I need to do?
> Please let me know. Thanks.

This message is more or less the confirmation for you that ASF has recieved your
ICLA.

When you are invited in the future by an Apache project PMC, like the AOO
(P)PMC, as a committer then you can just say that you have already sent your
ICLA to ASF. To become a committer the ICLA is needed.

Thus, regarding ICLA there is nothing additional that needs to be done now.

Hope that helps, Oliver.

Re: [Request] Korean language pack and id for pootle server

Posted by Jihui Choi <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 6/1/12 5:39 PM, Jihui Choi wrote:
> Hi, Jürgen.
> Thank you so much for quick and kind respond.
>
> I understand apache's rule and why that is important. And I don't want
> to bother you.
> I guess there's few people who can speak korean, so it will be very
> hard to check
> korean contribution.
>
> I was in OOo Korean team for serveral years and I led the team for 2 years.
> So I know how it rolls. I think I can handle OOo source and po, pootle, etc,.

I believe that and I see no problem here long term, it is more how it
works here at Apache and we have to take the initial steps ;-)

> Though I'm not quite sure about iCLA, I'm interested in. I'm gonna
> read iCLA statement
> carefully and I wanna follow the process.
>

> Jürgen, can I send you a mail personally after I send iCLA to apache
> foundation for further process?

sure if you want but on the mailing is also ok. The advantage on the
mailing list is that potentially others can benefit from the information
as well. But chose the approach whatever is more more suitable for you.

Juergen

Re: [Request] Korean language pack and id for pootle server

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
Hi JiHui Choi,

first of all thanks for joining the mailing list and offering your help.

On 6/1/12 5:05 PM, Jihui Choi wrote:
> Hello, all.
> My name is Jihui Choi.
>
> I'd like to give some help for Korean l10n. I was a member of Korean
> translation team of OOo and I translated OOo getting started.
>
> Recently OOo 3.4 was released, but there's no korean language pack.
> I was told because no one asked it and no one can maintain korean translation.
> If it's ok, I can maintain korean translation.
>
> And I couldn't find any link for registeration of pootle server.
> https://translate.apache.org
>
> How can I get login id?

On the pootle server it is only possible to get a login as committer. We
know that this a limitation you have 2 other options.

If you are able to work offline directly on the po files, I can send you
the files via email. And when you have finished the work you can send
the files back to me.

Or you can make suggestion as unknown on pootle and inform me when you
have finished the work. A committer have to review your changes and can
accept them.

I know it is not very convenient but the only possibility we have right now.

But I am trying to work with volunteers to establish them as soon as
possible in the project.

When you are interested to get deeper involved in the project over time
you might think about sending the iCLA back to Apache. More information
about the iCLA and the reason why it is important for us here at Apache
can find here http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

iCLA can be found here http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

Please let me know which way you prefer and I will send you the po files
asap.

I am working also on preparing some basic information how new
translators can start...

Thanks again

Juergen