Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by keyur sheth <ke...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/11 21:35:22 UTC

Deploying application containing applet embedded

Hi everybody,

                 I am trying to deploy an application inside the tomcat webapps folder. But the problem is that when I put the necessary folder like .jar file in lib folder, class files in classes folder and restart the tomcat I don't see the application listed or deployed inside the tomcat.

                 Can anybody tell me what major changes should  I make so that it is possible to run applet and deploy the application successfully.

  Keyur

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Deploying application containing applet embedded

Posted by Marc Farrow <ma...@gmail.com>.
Which version of tomcat are you using?  You need to add a context tag either
in the in the server.xml (for Tomcat 4.X) or place a yourappname.xml file
with the context tag in your $tomcat_home/catalina/localhost folder (if you
haven't changed your engine/host names).

check out:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/deployer-howto.html

--
Marc Farrow