Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by XingFENG <xi...@cse.unsw.edu.au> on 2014/11/07 06:46:59 UTC

Where could I get a introduction of Giraph

Hi, everybody,

I am learning Giraph. I have read the paper *pregel a system for
large-scale graph processing.*Although Giraph is based on pregel, I guess
it has added some extra features to improve the performances ( e.g.,
multi-threading). I wonder if I can get some introductions about technical
details of Giraph. Besides, is there a description for new features added
for Giraph 1.1.0? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Best Regards.
---

School of Computer Science and Engineering
University of New South Wales
NSW 2052, Sydney

Phone: (+61) 413 857 288

RE: Where could I get a introduction of Giraph

Posted by Tamer Yousef <TY...@boardreader.com>.
I would say:

1-      the short blog post http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2014/02/how-to-write-and-run-giraph-jobs-on-hadoop/

2-      there is a manning Giraph book, it is partially released, EBook at http://www.manning.com/martella/

3-      this mailing list for sure!

These are my sources plus googling around.

-Tamer