Posted to general@attic.apache.org by "Henk P. Penning" <pe...@uu.nl> on 2012/08/06 09:35:34 UTC

Re: cleanup dist

Hi Hen,

   regarding your message below ; to take it further
   (and cleanup 2GB from the mirrors), can you please :

   -- to the 'jakarta' attic page :

        http://attic.apache.org/projects/jakarta.html

      add a ref to the jakarta archive

        http://archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/

    -- idem for 'harmony'

    -- in the 'process page'

         http://attic.apache.org/

       please change 6) to

         Open a new ticket with a due date 6 months in the future
         * to consider deleting the user list
         * to strip dist/project and add a .htaccess containing :
           RedirectMatch permanent .* http://attic.apache.org/projects/project.html

   Thanks a lot.

   Regards,

   Henk Penning

---------------------------------------------------------   _
Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta              R Uithof WISK-412  _/ \_
Faculty of Science, Utrecht University T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
Budapestlaan 6, 3584CD Utrecht, NL     F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://people.cs.uu.nl/henkp/          M penning@uu.nl     \_/

n Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Henk P. Penning <pe...@uu.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 19:23:54 GMT, Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> wrote :
>
>> Not that I know of.
>

>> That would mean updating the websites to point to the archives and not
>> the mirrors, and we're not in the business of editing the websites
>> without strong cause.
>

>> Hen
>

> Hi,
>
>   The attic'ed projects can't be on the mirrors forever, imho.
>   A cleanup after, say, 6 months seems reasonable.
>
>   Cleanup was done for (for instance) 'beehive' like this :
>   the 'dist/beehive/' directory is stripped, containing only
>   a .htaccess file with :
>
>     RedirectMatch permanent .* http://attic.apache.org/projects/beehive.html
>
>   The same can be done for other projects.
>
>   At the moment, candidates are : harmony and jakarta,
>   since the were attic'ed at least half a year ago.
>
>   Of course, these pages:
>
>     http://attic.apache.org/projects/harmony.html
>     http://attic.apache.org/projects/jakarta.html
>
>   should contain a reference to relevant archive.apache.org page,
>   as for instance the beehive attic page does.
>
>   Please make it the rule to cleanup attic'ed projects after six months.
>   I'll be happy to do the cleanup and set the proper .htaccess files.

Sounds good to me.

I'm +1.

(Though currently unable to change the website content as SVN and I
disagree on my password. Oddly people.apache.org has taken my side in
the argument).

Hen