Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Vince Law <vl...@lrn.com> on 2003/12/10 20:40:51 UTC

logging data in wrong file

Hi All,

Hope some of you can give me some insight into this problem.  Thank you so
much in advance!  I am using log4j in Resin 3.0.3.  In each application that
runs in Resin, I put a log4j.xml and log4j.jar in its own WEB-INF/classes
and WEB-INF/lib directories respectively.  I defined different log file
names for each apps, e.g: fae.log, aae.log and wsl.log etc in its own
log4j.xml.  The problem I am facing is, when the classes in each app try to
write DEBUG info into the log file, they all got written to one log file
(usually the last started one in the server, in this case, it is the wsl.log
file).  Has anyone encountered this problem before?  Anyone has any
suggestion how to resolve this problem?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Vince Law