Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Donal Lafferty <do...@citrix.com> on 2013/11/05 20:07:18 UTC

Is there a site show cloudstack source code contribution by companies like openstack community heartbeat

Cross post from StackOverflow:

"Is there a site show cloudstack source code contribution by companies like openstack community heartbeat http://www.stackalytics.com/"  [1]

Any recommendations besides Sebastien Goasguen's "Update on Apache CloudStack Community Analysis"[2]?

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19791736/is-there-a-site-show-cloudstack-source-code-contribution-by-companies-like-opens
[2]: http://sebgoa.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/analysis

Re: Is there a site show cloudstack source code contribution by companies like openstack community heartbeat

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Donal Lafferty
<do...@citrix.com> wrote:
> Cross post from StackOverflow:
>
> "Is there a site show cloudstack source code contribution by companies like openstack community heartbeat http://www.stackalytics.com/"  [1]
>

> Any recommendations besides Sebastien Goasguen's "Update on Apache CloudStack Community Analysis"[2]?
>
> [1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19791736/is-there-a-site-show-cloudstack-source-code-contribution-by-companies-like-opens
> [2]: http://sebgoa.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/analysis

So companies have no standing within projects at the ASF. We don't
care who your employer is, nor do we ask. We care about an individuals
contributions and the merit of their work. From a project standpoint
we certainly don't wish to be monolithic or bound to a single
corporation employing our developers.

Someone could run an analysis of our git repo - it's public, and folks
could do so.

--David