Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Weiping Qu <qu...@informatik.uni-kl.de> on 2013/04/29 22:08:15 UTC

the version of HBase supported by HBaseStorage

Dear all,

I am currently using HBaseStorage to load and store data between HBase
and Pig.
I have the Pig of the newest version 0.11.1.
I worked with hbase-0.90.6
But I found that HBaseStorage in pig 0.11.1 cannot be used for hbase
with version 0.94.4 or above which is used for phoenix.

The error message is found as follows.
ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal
error. com/google/protobuf/Message

Thank you in advance!
Kind Regards,
Weiping

Re: the version of HBase supported by HBaseStorage

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.
It's hard to tell the problem from the error pasted, but version 0.94 of
HBase requires protobuf 2.4.x. I've seen errors that start like the one
you've pasted when a 2.3.x version of protobuf is in the classpath.

billgraham@gmail.com going forward.*

Re: the version of HBase supported by HBaseStorage

Posted by Weiping Qu <qu...@informatik.uni-kl.de>.
Oh, cool!
Thanks for the help.
I would like to give it a try. :)