Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Tomas Nunez <nu...@pythian.com> on 2014/02/11 12:50:56 UTC

Description of jmx exposed metrics?

Hi!

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but I've search the
archives, the project page and the wiki unsuccessfully.

I'd like to know the meaning of the jmx exposed metrics. I can guess based
on the name but I'd like to be sure. Plus, some of them seem to be reset
when I restart the server (or when a new file is created in the topic
directory, I'm not sure), and some of them don't.

Is there a doc anywhere with this info?

PD: I'm using 0.7.2 and I know 0.8 changes some things, but I guess the
basic stuff will remain the same...

Re: Description of jmx exposed metrics?

Posted by Tomas Nunez <nu...@pythian.com>.
Yes, I meant messages stored in the broker. We have the feeling that some
messages are being lost in the mirrormaker process, and I'd like to make
sure that's not happening. As the deployment is really young, we still
haven't deleted any messages, so the number of messages in FE and BE should
be the same, that's why I was thinking about that metric. But if we don't
have it, I'm looking for new approaches...

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tomas Nunez <nu...@pythian.com>.

Posted by Tomas Nunez <nu...@pythian.com>.

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tomas Nunez <nu...@pythian.com>.

Posted by Tomas Nunez <nu...@pythian.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Otto <ot...@wikimedia.org>.
Here tis!

Posted by Andrew Otto <ot...@wikimedia.org>.
Although that is not all of them, just recommended ones to pay attention to :/