Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <EX...@ALLIANZ.DE> on 2008/06/19 17:16:53 UTC

upgrading from 1.1 to latest SNAPSHOT

We just upgraded one of our Continuum 1.1 installations to the latest SNAPSHOT (from vmbuild). The process was rather smooth, except that we needed to edit again our customized files. It's really pleasant that the long load times on various pages are gone :-)

only problem discovered so far is that the "Build Queue" menu is disappeared!
Is it intended?
Or how to enable it?

AW: failing to see the Build Queue (was: upgrading from 1.1 to latest SNAPSHOT)

Posted by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <EX...@ALLIANZ.DE>.
ty for the input.
The problem here is that (after upgrading from 1.1 to a recent nightly snapshot) even the sys-admin doesn't see the Queue-menu-entry anymore.
(And btw., you can assign rights to a "normal" users, but the sys-admin cannot assign roles to himself.)

A normal user having the rights "continuum-manage-queues" and "System Administrator" also does NOT see the menu-entry "Build Queues".

I suppose something has changed in the redback-authentication-system, perhaps a table-schema change? Who made changes in the authentication system since 1.1?

I am basically testing the upgrade from Continuum 1.1 to 1.2, which should ease the job for all the other users who will upgrade once 1.2 is released.

Re: failing to see the Build Queue (was: upgrading from 1.1 to latest SNAPSHOT)

Posted by Marica Tan <ct...@exist.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <EX...@allianz.de>.

Posted by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <EX...@allianz.de>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <EX...@allianz.de>.
hi,

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
There is dump load of the users database to do after the restart
(because new roles has been added)
Or if you don't need the users database history you can remove it from
your file system and restart continuum -> a new one will be created.

--
Olivier