Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Seth Rubin <sr...@thoughtprocess.com> on 2003/10/02 06:06:57 UTC

RE: Installing Tomcat 4.1.24 as a service on Win 2000 - won't start

Am having the same problem myself on a WinXP Home box installing 4.1.27 .

I can start tomcat manually or from Start menu, but I get this in the event
log when I start it as a service:

"The LoadLibrary function failed for the following reason: The specified
module could not be found.
Could not load the Java Virtual Machine. "

I don't know why this is happening.  JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME are set
correctly.  I'm using the service as configured by the installer.  Just to
be sure, I did chmod 777 on the j2sdk and jre java trees.  I'm stumped.  My
only guess is that there must be something funky with the local system
account that runs services, but I can't see what.

-- Seth