Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Pill, Juergen" <Ju...@softwareag.com> on 2000/12/29 14:46:29 UTC

Deleting a revision

Hello,

Deleting a revision is implemented in ContentImpl.remove in following way:

1) check security
2) open transaction
3) call the method removeRevisionDescriptor
4) call the method removeRevisionContent
5) close transaction

I am using milestone 4 (so the transaction handling may have moved).

I have now following problem with this implementation:

To remove the revisionContent in the TaminoStore I need to read two live
properties, so I ask the RevisionStore for this information. This returns an
exception (because it was already deleted just before).

What do you think about changing the order of deletion:
First delete the content and afterwards delete the descriptor? (in my
environment I detected no side effects).

Best regards

Juergen Pill

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@betaversion.org>.
Quoting "Pill, Juergen" <Ju...@softwareag.com>:

> Hello,
>
> Deleting a revision is implemented in ContentImpl.remove in following
> way:
>
> 1) check security
> 2) open transaction
> 3) call the method removeRevisionDescriptor
> 4) call the method removeRevisionContent
> 5) close transaction

Actually, I'm considering modifying the semantics of that call instead, since I
think the "removed" revisions should be hidden instead of physically removed
(just as CVS does). What do you think ?

Remy