Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> on 2017/04/18 14:58:57 UTC

[VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC2

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the third candidate for release of Apache Kafka 0.10.2.1.

It is a bug fix release, so we have lots of bug fixes, some super
important.

Release notes for the 0.10.2.1 release:
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/kafka-0.10.2.1-rc2/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Friday, 8am PST. ***

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/kafka-0.10.2.1-rc2/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

* Javadoc:
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/kafka-0.10.2.1-rc2/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 0.10.2 branch) is the 0.10.2.1 tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=dea3da5b31cc310974685a8bbccc34a2ec2ac5c8

* Documentation:
http://kafka.apache.org/0102/documentation.html

* Protocol:
http://kafka.apache.org/0102/protocol.html

/**************************************

Your help in validating this bugfix release is super valuable, so
please take the time to test and vote!

Suggested tests:
 * Grab the source archive and make sure it compiles
 * Grab one of the binary distros and run the quickstarts against them
 * Extract and verify one of the site docs jars
 * Build a sample against jars in the staging repo
 * Validate GPG signatures on at least one file
 * Validate the javadocs look ok
 * The 0.10.2 documentation was updated for this bugfix release
(especially upgrade, streams and connect portions) - please make sure
it looks ok: http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html

Thanks,

Gwen

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC2

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Stevo,

This is a sensible fix to backport, but since it isn't a regression and
since we are on our fourth RC, I want to be super conservative here and not
add anything that isn't absolutely critical.

Gwen

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC2

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC2

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC2

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.
Hey Gwen,

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC2

Posted by Swen Moczarski <sw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gwen,

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC2

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC2

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
Gwen,

Thank you for running the release.

+1 (non-binding)
Checked source archive build and unit tests, one binary archive with basic
tests and build+tests against maven staging repo.

Regards,

Rajini

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC2

Posted by Magnus Edenhill <ma...@edenhill.se>.