Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by gachsaran <ga...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/02 10:55:39 UTC

onjava example does not work on Tomcat 5.0

Hi

What does following example need to work on tomcat 4.1x and 5.0.x.
It works on 4.0.x but not successer.

http://www.onjava.com/lpt/a/780

Thanks for any help
gachsaran

Re: onjava example does not work on Tomcat 5.0

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
The article seems to declare the servlet but not map it. For example, this
needs added to web.xml

<servlet-mapping>
     <servlet-name>myServletName</servlet-name>
     <url-pattern>/myserlvetPattern</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

-Tim

Login problem

Posted by Roland Carlsson <ma...@javalia.se>.
Hi!

I got a little problem using form-based login that I hope to get some help
with.

The problem is the following:

When using form-based authentication to get a nice looking login-page I am
forced to use tomcats authentication-methods. This would be nice if I hadn't
an apache infront of the tomcat since now apache doesn't know that the user
has logged in or not and even worse letting request that isn't forwarded to
tomcat (eg .jsp) through for resources that should be protected, resources
that tomcat protectes if the request gets though tomcat.

Is there a way to use form-based authestication and letting apache to know
what resources that should be protected?

Thanks in advance
Roland Carlsson

Re: onjava example does not work on Tomcat 5.0

Posted by Jon Wingfield <jo...@mkodo.com>.