Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/09/01 15:30:25 UTC

BugRat Report #61 has been filed.

Bug report #61 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/61>

REPORT #61 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: tomcat 3.1
   JVM Release: JDK 1.2.2
   Operating System: Debian Linux
   OS Release: 2.2
   Platform: i386

Synopsis:
example servlets work with standalone Tomcat but not through Apache

New installation, not customized. Tomcat through port 8080
works fine, all the examples (both jsp and servlets) work.

But going through Apache, the jsp examples work but not the
servlet examples. I can get to the servlet examples index
page, but when I try to execute any of the servlets I get a
404 error, the corresponding message in the Apache log but
nothing in the Tomcat, Jasper or mod_jserv logs.

It must be some configuration error that prevents Apache
from handing the request to Tomcat, but being new to Tomcat
and to Apache I can't figure it out right away.