Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by B Manikandan <ma...@wipro.com> on 2002/02/19 13:02:03 UTC

Re: Best practice for using Log4j, EJB,Struts,and WebLogic 6.1 together

Hi,
    I have been trying to arrive at a good solution for this.But Iam still having problems.

My environment is EJB,Struts,log4j in Weblogic 6.1.

I have to use configureAndWatch and have my log4j property file in Weblogic server classpath.

I have placed log4j in my EAR file and all my EJB's refer to it using Class-Path attribute in Manifest.

But what is the architecture to be followed for configuring log4j.I tried to use a weblogic startup class.But this also needs log4j.jar.And that essentially means log4j in classpath,which I do not want to do.

Is there a better alternative ?.

Mani