Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Sameera Jayasoma <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/09 13:22:01 UTC

Possible project for GSOC 2007

Hi all,

AFAIK, the Axiom implementation of woden is not completed so far.
Therefore I would like to propose this work as a project idea for the
Google Summer of Code 2007.

Thanks
Sameera Madushan.

Re: Possible project for GSOC 2007

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
Sameera, about the Axiom implementation of Woden ... I'm curious as to
what this buys us over and above plugging in DOOM (axiom-dom) into the
DOM implementation of Woden. I was thinking of creating a
DOOMWSDLReaderImpl (because the DOMWSDLReaderImpl has a dependency on
Xerces) to try out going to DOOM instead of Xerces/DOM.

If the answer is the Woden DOM implementation on DOOM performs in the
same way as a Woden Axiom implementation directly on Axiom then I
think we can simplify Woden and remove the Axiom implementation.

Then again, maybe I'm missing some fundamental difference between
these two things.

Regards,
Jeremy