Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ld...@us.ibm.com> on 2015/05/05 23:51:49 UTC

Re: before you go! (Andrew && Michal)

I'd also like to clime in that I've been put on another project that still
uses Cordova but I'm not part of our open source team anymore.  So I've
been following what has been going on with Cordova but haven't been as
active as I'd like to be.

Michal~  you gave me a good distraction reading up on the physical web all
afternoon.  I'm a little jealous I'm not playing with them.  Might have to
contribute to the open source project.  Do you know if it's possible to
convert a beacon like an estimote beacon into a uribeacon?

Lisa

@LisaSeacat  www.LisaSeacat.com

Re: before you go! (Andrew && Michal)

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
I wouldn't expect to be able to convert existing hardware beacons to this
new format.  However, you can literally create your own beacon by running a
node script on a BT capable laptop:
https://github.com/google/uribeacon/tree/master/beacons/nodejs -- Fun fact:
Don Coleman contributed this, small world!  Many other examples of
uribeacon advertisers and scanners on that repo.

Also, Andrew is moving to a different project, its just me who gets to do
cool things ;)