Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Ryan Thomas <ry...@ryant.org> on 2014/10/15 07:05:04 UTC

Running Docker Tests

Hi, I am trying to run the docker test-suite for some changes that I have
made, and I am encountering the following situation which I can't seem to
remedy.

After doing a full make check, I attempt to run the tests like this:

$ bin/mesos-tests.sh --gtest_filter="Docker" --verbose

However, I get a warning about cgroups:

We cannot run any cgroups tests that require mounting
hierarchies because you have the following hierarchies mounted:
/sys/fs/cgroup/blkio, /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu, /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuacct,
/sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset, /sys/fs/cgroup/devices, /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer,
/sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb, /sys/fs/cgroup/memory, /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event
We'll disable the CgroupsNoHierarchyTest test fixture for now.

The issue is if I unmount the groups, I get the following issue:

We cannot run any Docker tests because:
Failed to find a mounted cgroups hierarchy for the 'cpu' subsystem; you
probably need to mount cgroups manually!

Could someone please offer some guidance on getting the docker tests to run?

Cheers,

Ryan

Re: Running Docker Tests

Posted by Ryan Thomas <ry...@ryant.org>.