Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Bear Giles <bg...@snaplogic.com> on 2017/12/19 15:28:08 UTC

embedded HDFS cluster + Kerberos question

Stupid question but der google insists on telling me how to set up Kerberos
on CDH and HDP clusters using GUIs instead of how to do it at a very low
level.

I have an embedded KDC and DFS servers running in my unit tests. I know how
to create the DFS Kerberos principals in the KDC and configure the DFS so
it knows the principals to use and a modified 'kinit command' so that it
refers to the krb5.conf file for the embedded KDC.

However I can't figure out where to put the keytab file so the embedded DFS
server (and potentially other embedded servers) knows where to find it.

I've gone as far as doing 'sudo / find -name "*.keytab"' on some of my
actual clusters to see where the file is located, with no luck.

Where do the server keytab files go?

--

Bear Giles

Sr. Java Application Engineer
bgiles@snaplogic.com
Mobile: 720-749-7876

<http://www.snaplogic.com/about-us/jobs>

*SnapLogic Inc | 929 Pearl St #200 | 80303 CO 80302 | USA*

*SnapLogic Inc | 2 W 5th Avenue 4th Floor | San Mateo CA 94402 | USA   *

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise
protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have
received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it
from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its contents to
anyone. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on
the Internet.