Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Thomas Maszerowski <to...@frontiernet.net> on 2019/04/03 12:30:51 UTC

Any solutions to the "Background scanning of projects..." hanging issue?

I know I’m not the only one to see this problem as there are multiple bugs filed in both the old and new bug tracking systems for this.

I’m using 8.2 on Mac OS 10.14.4 with only the C/C++ plugin enabled. I’m building for RaspberryPi and I was fine until yesterday afternoon.
I went to start a build and the background scanning started, which despite being “background” prevents any other function except for the
IDE from functioning. It’s also using almost all my CPU and even if I exit Netbeans it just starts up again shortly after restarting.

Any solutions/suggestions?

Tom.

Tom Maszerowski
tommasz@frontiernet.net

Re: Any solutions to the "Background scanning of projects..." hanging issue?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Probably you added those files outside the IDE and then switched to the
IDE. That switching is what may have thrown things off. Maybe have all that
done outside the IDE before opening into the IDE, if that makes sense.

Gj

Posted by Thomas Maszerowski <to...@frontiernet.net>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Thomas Maszerowski <to...@frontiernet.net>.