Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Saket Joshi <js...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/25 22:17:34 UTC

Pig storage chararray unicode support

Hi All,

I have a question regards to char encoding in pig. I am parsing some url
data for european sites for example i have a string "veste à capuche" but
after loading in pig using TextLoader/PigStorage the data get mangled as
"veste ? capuche" Certainly looks like the encoding is not being maintained
, the documentation for pig suggests that chararray supports utf-8. Has
anyone faced such a issue ? any pointers on how to solve this issue

Thanks,
Saket