Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/16 09:24:36 UTC

[testing] How long we should keep test results for millstones?

Hi folks,

We have accumulated test results for several milestones: M2-M5  [1][2][3][4]?
I think that it doesn't make sense to keep them forever.

Should we archive them or remove entirely? Are they still useful?

Sure, M5 tests results will be used for M6 regression tracking.
But still we should make a decision what to do with old results.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~mloenko/snapshot_testing/script/r551077/index.html
[2] http://people.apache.org/~mloenko/snapshot_testing/script/r580985/index.html
[3] http://people.apache.org/~mloenko/snapshot_testing/script/r603534/index.html
[4] http://people.apache.org/~mloenko/snapshot_testing/script/r629320/index.html

Thanks,
Stepan

Re: [testing] How long we should keep test results for millstones?

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.
On 4/19/08, Endre Stølsvik <En...@stolsvik.com> wrote:
> Stepan Mishura wrote:
> >
> > > Kinda compromise is possible, to compress older data and provide a
> > > link to the bulk archive if someone needs detais. Summary pages do not
> > > eat much anyway.
> > >

> > OK. I'll archive tests results for M2-M4 and keep the archives for a
> while.
> >

> Can't you move'em over to Harmony Proper Webspace? With a link to a small
> super-simple "performance tests" page, linking out to the 2 "current" tests,
> and the archives of the older?
>  The "hiding away" of these interesting stuffs on private space shouldn't be
> necessary in the first place, IMHO.

I'm not going to keep them privately. Currently archives are available
in my home folder [1][2][3]. May be it make sense to move them to
released milestones binaries on the archive site [4].

[1] http://people.apache.org/~smishura/harmony-test-results-M2-r551077.tgz
[2] http://people.apache.org/~smishura/harmony-test-results-M3-r580985.tgz
[3] http://people.apache.org/~smishura/harmony-test-results-M4-r603534.tgz
[4] http://archive.apache.org/dist/harmony/milestones

Thanks,
Stepan.

Posted by Endre Stølsvik <En...@stolsvik.com>.

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.
On 4/16/08, Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>>
> AFAIR number of files was the main issue, though space may become an
> issue too in some future :)

The space became an issue - I've just got a notification from Apache
Intra team that the size of my home dir is too big.

Posted by Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Endre Stølsvik <En...@stolsvik.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.