Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/04/23 22:25:42 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/sitemapAbstractSitemap.java

giacomo wrote:

> On 23 Apr 2001 bloritsch@apache.org wrote:
>
> > bloritsch    01/04/23 10:53:45
> >
> >   Modified:    src/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap Tag: xml-cocoon2
> >                         AbstractSitemap.java
> >   Log:
> >   Fixed Showstopper.  The Sitemap must be made SingleThreaded
> >

> <snip/>
>
> >   -public abstract class AbstractSitemap extends AbstractLoggable implements Sitemap, Disposable, ThreadSafe {
> >   +public abstract class AbstractSitemap extends AbstractLoggable implements Sitemap, Disposable, SingleThreaded {
>
> Can you explain this in more detail? The generated Sitemap should be
> ThreadSafe. SingleThreaded IIRC means that there can only be one thread
> using that component and each new Thread gets a new instance of that
> class which is wrong. Well, it might be that I've introduced some code
> which prevents it from being ThreadSafe.

I recanted, and made it ThreadSafe again.

I was hoping to fix a strange error that happens with the TraxTransformer
when an exception is thrown from an Action. ???  It's a NullPointerException
dealing with the templates.

Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/sitemapAbstractSitemap.java

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Berin,
>
> Am unable to recreate the NullPointerException. Can you please post the stack trace with the
> latest code from cvs?

I did, a couple of times.  The code it fails on is in the TraxTransformer line 154:

        TransformerHandler handler = this.tfactory.newTransformerHandler(templates);

Like I said, I am checking configuration issues as well.  It happens regardless of
caching or not.

Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/sitemapAbstractSitemap.java

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Berin,

Am unable to recreate the NullPointerException. Can you please post the stack trace with the
latest code from cvs?

Thanks,
dims

--- Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> wrote:
> giacomo wrote:
> >
> > On 23 Apr 2001 bloritsch@apache.org wrote:
> >
> > > bloritsch    01/04/23 10:53:45
> > >
> > >   Modified:    src/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap Tag: xml-cocoon2
> > >                         AbstractSitemap.java
> > >   Log:
> > >   Fixed Showstopper.  The Sitemap must be made SingleThreaded
> > >

> > <snip/>
> >
> > >   -public abstract class AbstractSitemap extends AbstractLoggable implements Sitemap,
> Disposable, ThreadSafe {
> > >   +public abstract class AbstractSitemap extends AbstractLoggable implements Sitemap,
> Disposable, SingleThreaded {
> >
> > Can you explain this in more detail? The generated Sitemap should be
> > ThreadSafe. SingleThreaded IIRC means that there can only be one thread
> > using that component and each new Thread gets a new instance of that
> > class which is wrong. Well, it might be that I've introduced some code
> > which prevents it from being ThreadSafe.
>
> I recanted, and made it ThreadSafe again.
>
> I was hoping to fix a strange error that happens with the TraxTransformer
> when an exception is thrown from an Action. ???  It's a NullPointerException
> dealing with the templates.

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI