Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Christopher Seekamp <se...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/03/07 01:00:38 UTC

ElemCallTemplate

Are there any examples of using ElemCallTemplate in a Java based extension
anywhere for XalanJ2?  I had an extension function working in XalanJ1 that
used such an element.  I am having some trouble migrating it to XalanJ2.

The first problem I encountered was a NullPointerException when I execute
the ElemCallTemplate.  It appears to happen in the call to getStylesheet().
To bypass that, I subclassed ElemCallTemplate and constructed my subclass
setting m_parentNode to the stylesheet that I got from the
XSLProcessorContext.

After that I seemed to have to call the compose() function before executing
the template to get it to work.  Is that correct?  I'm sure the description
of what compose is clear to somebody, but it wasn't to me.

Thanks.

Chris Seekamp