Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by shrish garg <sh...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/01 08:48:26 UTC

Lucene Search Engine Query

Hi,
        I am using Lucene search engine in my website for document search .
though it is working fine and searching the keywords into the documents
properly, i am facing a problem during the search .
        When i am searching some keywords whose occurence are very low in
the document and only after the 50-60 pages from the start of the document,
the search engine is not able to serach those keywords.
       I am confuse whether their r any limitations for the search in lucene
search engine or it is a problem with my configuration, so i need a help
from you .
       if you have any idea about my problem, please send me the reason and
solution to correct the mistake if any.

--
Thanks and Regards
Shrish Kumar Garg

Re: Lucene Search Engine Query

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
This could be the maxFieldLength default in IndexWriter?  By default
IndexWriter only indexes the first 10,000 tokens of a document.

Mike