Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by David Whitehurst <dl...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/02 23:05:29 UTC

Comprehensive List of Phases

I'm writing this mail to the dev list because I'm unable to find a
"comprehensive" list of development phases, and I also assume that these
phases are in someway string literals in the Maven code somewhere.  Is there
a comprehensive list or a code module that I can go find?

Thanks,

David

Re: Comprehensive List of Phases

Posted by David Whitehurst <dl...@gmail.com>.
Franz:

That was exactly what I was looking for.  I wanted to understand these
phases a little deeper and the xml shows where they are defined.

Thank you :-)

David

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
That list would be handy if it could be programattically generated,
especially for the m2 eclipse project.

Re: Comprehensive List of Phases

Posted by Franz Allan Valencia See <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day,

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by Mykel Alvis <my...@weirdness.com>.
All of that information is handled inside the lifecycle management elements
for plexus, as far as I know.  The lifecycle listed in the intro in the
documentation is the definitive one, except that you can make plugins that
add new lifecycle elements outside of the standard lifecycle (like what
clean does, I think).

I'm pretty sure the actual strings are in annotations and configuration
elements inside maven, plexus, and the plugins.
It would NOT be fun tracking them down from a fresh start, although you
could probably start with

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/branches/maven-2.0.x/maven-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/components.xml

--
I'm just an unfrozen caveman software developer.  I don't understand your
strange, "modern" ways.

Re: Comprehensive List of Phases

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Whitehurst <dl...@gmail.com>.
I've seen this and I've also seen a similar list that specifically stated
that it was not a comprehensive listing.  I'm not looking for someone to
point me to the user documentation (finished or not-finished), I'm looking
for someone to point me to a code module maybe so that I can be sure that I

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
David,