Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Divya Gehlot <di...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/07 10:14:51 UTC

Steps to Run Spark Scala job from Oozie on EC2 Hadoop clsuter

Hi,

Could somebody help me by providing the steps /redirect me  to
blog/documentation on how to run Spark job written in scala through Oozie.

Would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Divya

Re: Steps to Run Spark Scala job from Oozie on EC2 Hadoop clsuter

Posted by Ashutosh Kumar <as...@gmail.com>.
Is using oozie binding for you? If you have flexibility to change workflow
engine then take a look at Luigi (https://github.com/spotify/luigi) .

Thanks
Ashutosh

Posted by dileep kumar <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Divya,

Please find below code to invoke spark from oozie.

Oozie file:
+++++++++++++

<workflow-app xmlns="uri:oozie:workflow:0.2" name="DE_2_workflow_US">
        <start to="spark-scala"/>
        <action name="mysparkscala">
                <shell xmlns="uri:oozie:shell-action:0.1">
                        <job-tracker>maprfs:///</job-tracker>
                        <name-node>maprfs:///</name-node>
                        <configuration>
                                <property>
                                        <name>mapred.job.queue.name</name>

                                        <value>dileep</value>
                                </property>
                        </configuration>
                        <exec>sparkshell.sh</exec>

<file>/ggg/gms/gmsrffr/dev/dileep/sparkshell.sh</file>
                  <file>/axp/gms/gmsrffr/dev/dileep/sparkshell.scala</file>
                </shell>
                <ok to="end" />
                <error to="fail" />
        </action>
        <kill name="fail">
                 <message>Java failed, error
message[${wf:errorMessage(wf:lastErrorNode())}]</message>
                      </kill>
        <end name="end" />
</workflow-app>

#############
SparkShell.sh
##############

/opt/mapr/spark/spark-1.2.1/bin/spark-shell --name perf108pret1
--num-executors 1 --executor-cores 1 --executor-memory 1G --driver-memory
2G -i sparkshell.scala
exit 0

--
Regards
Dileep Kumar

Re: Steps to Run Spark Scala job from Oozie on EC2 Hadoop clsuter

Posted by dileep kumar <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Divya,

Posted by dileep kumar <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Divya,