Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by shivakumar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/08 13:31:31 UTC

reading encrypted password from Ignite config file

Hi Igniters,
Does Ignite support reading the encrypted password from Ignite config file
because keeping a clear text password in ignite config file is not a good
practice?
If yes how to use it? If it does not support by default is it possible to
implement it using any plugins?
Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Shiva

Re: reading encrypted password from Ignite config file

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
I wrote a blog about this:

https://www.gridgain.com/resources/blog/managing-apache-ignite-secrets-hashicorp-vault <https://www.gridgain.com/resources/blog/managing-apache-ignite-secrets-hashicorp-vault>

Regards,
Stephen

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

There are a couple of third party implementations of security plugins, but
I doubt that there are any walkthroughs on implementing your own.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

If this is your concern, I recommend switching from login/password to
certificate based authentication.

It is much stronger and uses encrypted files as is.

Ilya Kasnacheev