Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org> on 2018/03/20 23:46:28 UTC

Hive 3.0 release

Hi all,

It's almost a year since we branched off branch-2 Since then there are more
than 1700 commits which master has received. There are lots of new features
hidden in these commits. I think its about time to make a release so that
users can get their hands on them.

I propose that we cut a branch for 3.0 by this month end and then target
release from it in following weeks.
Of course, we want to continue supporting branch-2 as well and make dot
releases from it.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ashutosh

PS: Any volunteers for RM ?

Re: Hive 3.0 release

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
+1.  Could some attention be given to documentation?  This would need to
come from developers, since I've cut back my participation.

-- Lefty

Re: Hive 3.0 release

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hive 3.0 release

Posted by Andrew Sherman <as...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Re: Hive 3.0 release

Posted by Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jc...@apache.org>.
+1

-Jesús

On 3/21/18, 10:44 AM, "Prasanth Jayachandran" <pj...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    +1

    Thanks
    Prasanth

Re: Hive 3.0 release

Posted by Prasanth Jayachandran <pj...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Re: Hive 3.0 release

Posted by Vihang Karajgaonkar <vi...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Hive 3.0 release

Posted by Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Thank you,
Gunther

Re: Hive 3.0 release

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Hive 3.0 release

Posted by Vineet Garg <vg...@hortonworks.com>.
+1. I volunteer to be Release manager for 3.0.

Thanks,
Vineet Garg

Re: Hive 3.0 release

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igor,
For many of the steps in release management, you need to be a Hive committer.
Thanks,
Thejas

Re: Hive 3.0 release

Posted by Кривенко Ігор <kr...@gmail.com>.