Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/18 04:05:47 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.5.0

A new release apache-camel-2.5.0 is out with approximately 287 issues resolved: new features, improvements and bug fixes.

Please find the staging repo here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-001/
The tarballs are here
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-001/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.5.0/

Please review and vote to approve this release binary. Your vote counts!

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.5.0
Vote is open for 72 hours.

Here's my +1

Hadrian

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.5.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (non-binding).

All my routes work without problem.

Regards
JB

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.5.0

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The assembly plugin version looks ok, the .formatted files are no longer present, but I got errors uploading to the apache repo and will have to redo in the morning.

Thanks for the update.
So it was a good + bad news :)

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.5.0

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
The assembly plugin version looks ok, the .formatted files are no longer present, but I got errors uploading to the apache repo and will have to redo in the morning.

Cheers,
Hadrian

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 10/18/10 2:03 PM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
> I gave the source code for the Camel in Action book a test with the
> staging repo and it all looks good.

I just ran the test of Camel in Action Book, and found this issue[1]
with Camel 2.5.0. The patch is committed into the trunk now.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-3252

--
Willem
----------------------------------

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.5.0

Posted by "S. Ali Tokmen" <sa...@bull.net>.
  The latest SNAPSHOT is looking great

Here is my +1 for CAMEL 2.5.0

S. Ali Tokmen
savas-ali.tokmen@bull.net

Office: +33 4 76 29 76 19
GSM:    +33 66 43 00 555

Bull, Architect of an Open World TM
http://www.bull.com

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

With the 2.2 assembly plugin I get

davsclaus:~/Downloads/apache-camel-2.6-SNAPSHOT/examples$ ls -1 | wc -l
      29

davsclaus:~/Downloads/apache-camel-2.6-SNAPSHOT$ ls -1 | wc -l
       6

davsclaus:~/Downloads/apache-camel-2.6-SNAPSHOT/lib$ ls -1 | wc -l
      88

Also the file sizes seems back to normal
-rw-r--r--  1 davsclaus  staff   6564136 Oct 19 07:26
apache-camel-2.6-SNAPSHOT-src.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--  1 davsclaus  staff  15383677 Oct 19 07:30
apache-camel-2.6-SNAPSHOT-src.zip
-rw-r--r--  1 davsclaus  staff  10718995 Oct 19 07:23
apache-camel-2.6-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--  1 davsclaus  staff  11439317 Oct 19 07:23
apache-camel-2.6-SNAPSHOT.zip

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Here is your 2nd
-1

The trunk pom.xml has been changed to use the 2.2 assembly version (I
did a mvn clean install and could not see any number files in there).
But to be on the safe side we can revert back to beta4 which we used
for the previous releases and we know it works.

I have created a ticket and assigned it to Hadrian

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Youch! :)

Here is my -1

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I reluctantly agree. It takes about 5-6 hours to redo the release. But I will not redo it unless I see some -1s and close this vote (more than 24 hours left for voting). Being just examples, I am not masochistic enough to -1 it myself (I probably should).

Hadrian

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Krasser <kr...@googlemail.com>.
  Hi,

here's a brief summary of my test runs with Camel 2.5 RC:

- akka-camel examples at
http://code.google.com/p/camelinaction/source/browse/#svn/trunk/appendixE work
fine with Camel 2.5
- also upgraded Akka to Camel 2.5 and all test and examples are running
through, except for a JMS example when using ActiveMQ 5.4.1 (see below)
- Camel depends on ActiveMQ 5.4.1 which has a blocker bug open
(https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2935). I was seing this
issue as well in the aforementioned akka-camel example. It works fine
with ActiveMQ 5.3.2. We should mention this in the release notes that
users should *not* use ActiveMQ 5.4.2 but 5.3.2 instead. WDYT?
- still need to test Camel 2.5 with IPF (should be able to find some
time tomorrow)

--
Martin Krasser

blog:    http://krasserm.blogspot.com
code:    http://github.com/krasserm
twitter: http://twitter.com/mrt1nz

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.5.0

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
Yes, even has a nice directory listing.

On Oct 18, 2010, at 7:53 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:

> No, the artifacts are there, I can access them:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-001/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.5.0/
>
> Hadrian
>
> On Oct 18, 2010, at 5:39 PM, Christian Müller wrote:
>
>> Hello Hadrian!
>>
>> I cannot download the artifacts from the staging repository, because I
>> receive a "Bad Gateway". Do you canceled the vote already?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Christian

Johan Edstrom

joed@opennms.org

They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.5.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Claus,

Agree to go to the release. Just a mention in the release note is enough.

Regards
JB

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

AW: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.5.0

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Ford <ma...@massfords.com>.
It looks like this behavior changed in Camel 2.2. I noticed it when
switching my camel-jmx component from 2.1 to 2.5-SNAPSHOT. Suddenly my
suite of unit tests went from 1 second to 6 seconds. I can recreate
this behavior with versions 2.2, 2.3, and 2.5-SNAPSHOT. I didn't try
with 2.4.

The initial load time is below a second as you've indicated but it's
still undesirable in certain cases. I'll run a couple of additional
tests and enter a JIRA ticket.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.