Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Bertrand, Shawn R" <sh...@tycoelectronics.com> on 2008/04/01 21:39:10 UTC

[Trinidad] actionListener not called when spacebar used on command button?

(Trinidad 1.0.7)

We have a dialog in our application which is displayed via the dialog
framework, and it has a command button (say, button A) on it which
spawns another dialog NOT via the dialog framework but just with plain
javascript (window.open).  The secondary dialog is a JSF page with
another command button (say, button B) registered with an
actionListener.

Now the strange part - button B's actionListener occasionally does not
get fired when button A is activated via the spacebar.  The listener
method is always fired when button A is activated via a mouse button
click.

I can visually see a difference on the button between the 2 ways of
activating the button, but isn't the underlying code (client and server)
the same?

Thanks in advance,

Shawn Bertrand

Tyco Electronics Corporation