Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ZHU Beiting <Be...@ifp.fr> on 2004/05/18 18:45:58 UTC

problem in URL composition

Hello everybody,

I am trying to generate the changelog report of my project. By CVS accessing
I can get all the valid changlog entries, I can also generate the
first-lever changlog report. But I could not have the crossed-referenced
view from my changelog report. The reason is because maven can not compose
URL to the project's browsable CVS repository with the file's reference in
the correct way, so that the file could not be found.
For example, I define the url as:

<url>http://th01.tgv.net/metafrog/show_file.yaws?id=1046258983647008&amp;fil
ename=/cvs/dev_episem</url>

and the file which I want to refer to is version.txt

In my browser, the URL of this reference is:
http://th01.tgv.net/metafrog/show_file.yaws?id=1046258983647008&amp;filename
=/cvs/dev_episem/vertion.txt

But Maven returns me a composed URL as:
http://th01.tgv.net/metafrog/show_file.yawsvertion.txt?id=1046258983647008&a
mp;filename=/cvs/dev_episem

So the way that Maven compose URL of CVS version is correct for me.

I hope I have clearly explain my problem, and if somebody here can give me a
clue over this subject, it will be very helpful for me.

I do not know if it is an already fixed bug for Maven developpers. Since for
me, this way of composition is compatible with the old version of CVS. Maybe
the Maven developpers can give me some help.

Thanks in advance,
Beiting.