Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com> on 2013/10/22 16:06:30 UTC

ACS 4.3 RBD + KVM Snapshots not working

Hello Guys,

I've recently upgraded to CS 4.2 and tried to use the new RBD snapshot feature. When creating a snapshot I got the following error:

VM snapshot is not enabled for hypervisor type: KVM

Where can I enable this feature?

Thanks

Re: ACS 4.3 RBD + KVM Snapshots not working

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.
Okay, I've tried doing VM snapshot and not the disk snapshot.

After doing the disk snapshot it has started snapshotting, but it is taking a rather long time. I've noticed that initially my snapshot appeared in rbd and I could list it with "rbd snap ls" command. However, i've also noticed that the snapshot is being copied onto the secondary storage, which is not what I am after. I've set this option to false in the global settings. Anyways, it's been about 20 mins for a 20GB snapshot image and acs gui is still showing the snapshot being taken. However, i've noticed that my rbd snapshot has been removed and for the last 5 minutes there was nothing written to the secondary storage snapshot file. It looks like the copy to secodnary storage has finished, but CS still thinks it is doing the snapshot.

Has anyone managed to leave the snapshots on the rbd storage without copying it to the secondary storage?

Cheers